Friday, April 1, 2011

Tech for Kindergarteners and First Graders

I have spent a great deal of time researching and planning for technology in a middle and secondary setting, but the elementary (particularly the lower elementary) is an area where I haven't seen a great deal of tech. ed. resources.  When considering kindergarten and first grade technology it makes sense to me that we would being teaching the letter on the keyboard about the same time we begin learning the letter itself.  The blog I listed below has some good sites for teachers and/or parents to use when starting to introduce technology with kids in this age group.  I regret many kids in the 5-7 age range think of computers at school as tools for playing games during recess.  There are some excellent resources out there which will begin building their tech. skills while still engaging them.  Once we embrace this and accelerate the learning, think about the advanced skills we will be able to teach in high school!

Tech for Kindergarten and First Graders

1 comment:

  1. As a K-8 tech teachers, I've found that those younger learners are like sponges in technology. They don't know what a backspace or delete key is but they are so eager to learn everything I tell them. I've learned some of my most fascinating tech tips from elementary age students (like how to turn the screen on its side!)

    ReplyDelete